Alright, the suspense is over!
We knew that the PMBOK 6th edition based exam is going to kick in soon.
It was also clear that it would be better to get PMP certification before the new exam comes into force, for obvious reasons –
- Anything NEW has uncertainty (along with the opportunity) about it. The new exam could have surprises in type of questions, level of difficulty in questions, and possibly even the scoring method.
- Did you know that PMI changed the scoring scale from 3-point scale to 4-point scale recently?. Would there bye any other change with the new exam? Only time will tell.
- If one were to be certain about passing the new exam, one should probably put more efforts that with the current exam, to ensure that nothing is left to chance.
- The amount of training material will be quite limited with the new exam – this could be a good thing, or not-so-good thing – based on how you look at it.
- To be reasonably certain about passing the new exam, expectations need to be understood – based on the experience of candidates that have taken the new exam. This would take some time, for the ‘dust to settle’, so to speak. Which means you’ll probably need to wait for 3-4 months after the new exam to know what to expect with some certainty.
Well, there are brighter side too with the new exam, most prominent of which is that – [click to continue…]