I cleared my PMP certification exam! First of all I want to thank you for your support and Guidance.
I am glad to share my experience of PMP journey.
I started my journey for PMP in 2012 but never taken seriously till April 2015. I submitted my form in April 2015. Then I took the exam seriously and fixed my target as last week of July.
PMP study Materials I used
Prep to Completion
- It took almost 3 months for the preparation.
- First of all went through Head First Book for understanding of concepts
- Then I went through training videos from PM PrepCast
- I studied PMBOK for understanding the nuances. Each day I managed about 4 hours for the study.
- On the exam day I was relaxed. I stopped hard study two days before exam date. Reached exam center three hour earlier. Prometric allowed me start my exam three hours earlier than the scheduled time.
- I became excited and relaxed after seeing the message “Congratulation!” 🙂
- Study PMBOK rigorously three to four times (don’t make the mistake which I did)
- Use some commercial simulator for help to understand exam platform and analyze your strength.
- Try to understand flow of all processes and their implementations (refer Data-flow diagrams in PMBOK).
- Study hard and be confident.
-Birken Datta, PMP