Sashidhar P – PMP in 3 months possible!
I have been preparing for PMP for 3 months. During this span of 3 months, there are many lessons learned which others might take to follow them and few lessons should learning’s from mistakes.
My things to do –
- Have a plan which is progressively elaborated.
- Do research on exam patterns and study guides.
- Register to PMI.
- Read code of ethics.
- One full reading of PMBOK.
- Analyze gaps, revise your plan created in step#1.
- Sign up for blogs/forums like PMSEN and take 2nd reading of PMBOK.
- Subscribe to Facebook and linked in groups and contribute in discussions.
- Attempt chapter wise questions and analyze gaps.
- Update your study plan based on analysis results.
- Take some book like Rita, HeadFirst PMP and give complete reading.
- By now you will have good knowledge.
- Now enroll into good REP for 35 hours.
- Remember code of ethics studied in step# 4.
- Submit your application and good if it’s not selected for audit.
- No issues even if selected as it is nothing to worry.
- Once your application is all reviewed you will get notification to schedule exam
- Have mock tests of 200 questions answered to check your gaps.
- Update your plan accordingly.
- Take exam and you will be certified
All this should happen in a span of not more than 5-6 months. Check frequently on exam versions and corresponding final day for exam in that version.
Things to avoid –
1. Don’t memorize, better understand them. Use PMBOK flowcharts to understand flow.
2. Do not make any gaps in study plan.
3. Do not have over confidence
4. Do not underestimate yourself.
Note:: all these are my opinions and hope it works good for you.
Sashidhar P, PMP